It’s been a while, hasn’t it! Sorry about that, journal. I guess now that I linked my Twitter-journal to this site, I’ve become less motivated to write on here.
I don’t know what’s going on; it’s as if I’ve gone back to my depression days, minus the Sadness. I’ve just lost interest in doing anything at all, no matter how much I used to enjoy it. So that means I haven’t been writing or crafting or reading or exercising or singing or catching up with fandom (with the same fervor; I’m still mainly updated with stuff) or much of anything. I just sleep, stare at nothing, and do the minimal amount of homework required for me to pass. Although, I do have to be very careful because I’m on academic probation for failing a class due to psychological issues.
Isn’t it odd? There’s no more Sadness. Er, okay, I lied. The Sadness is still here. But it doesn’t hurt. I’m pretty much content and not very stressed. (Which can be a bad thing because I’m far too chill about schoolwork. Dx)
How about some quick updates? There really isn’t much to tell but here goes.
- Failed my Bio midterm! That was just… eww. I talked to my lab partners about it and they agreed it was tough too, so I’m glad it wasn’t just me. We’ll find out if I really did fail it or not when spring break ends in a few days.
- I’m actively trying to lose weight again. That’s not going too well. :P I’m not fat exactly but my squishiness factor is high. I lost like 7 pounds in the first month of college without even trying because I wasn’t eating junk and I kept getting lost on my hilly campus, haha. But I gained half of that back because my antidepressant makes me hungry and I tend to stress-eat and I love sugar and I ate 4 slices of pizza in a day last week because the dining hall didn’t have good food but they always have pizza oh shit. Manny is helping to motivate me. <3
- Um, I swear now. A lot. A LOT a lot. It’s so easy to influence my vocabulary, and it doesn’t help that most of the people I hang out with have vulgar tongues. This includes the Pest, Manny, Laureen, Mclean, and Elaina. Plus, I’m addicted to the internet, and you know how clean THAT can be. Forgive any future slip-ups. :P
- Japanese class is getting intense! It’s not difficult exactly, but the grammar lessons are starting to pile up and I keep confusing things. I love kanji, though! Practicing them is so therapeutic, and I learned enough that I was able to get the gist of one of Koyama’s short J-web entries. I’m getting this much closer to studying abroad in Japan!
Katakana is still icky. D:
- NEWSSSSS. WHERE ARE YOU. It’s already spring and you guys haven’t done anything yet. ;__; Yes, I’m thrilled for KoyaShige’s new show and for Tegomass’s DVD release of their concert (which I can’t purchase this time because… The Old Man is beginning to wonder where his money is going lol), but I’d love to see these four guys do something as a group. We’ve been waiting foreverrr!
- I’ve switched majors again, hehe. Psychiatrist and I both agreed that a Biology major would be idiotic. So I switched to Psychology with an English minor. No matter what I do, I always find myself going back to English, huh?
- I never thought it would happen, journal, but I found a fic-writing buddy at college! Sherry and I make a dangerous combination. Harry Potter tentacle fic, anyone? She’s already begun writing fanfiction about her two [male] Economics professors. Yeah. She’s into yaoi. And humor. That’s her thing. On the other hand, I like writing fluffy, innocent, clean fics. And drama. I need to teach her how to write plot-driven fics.
Dammit, I wanna write Cardcaptor Sakura things again!
- SOMEONE SAVE ME FROM THE REALM OF HIPSTER YOUTUBE MUSIC PLEASE. You would think that now that I’m studying Japanese I’d listen to more J-pop, right? Nope. Instead I’ve been searching for hipster music. In English. It’s too late to save me.
- I tried to break up with Manny last week. Not because I don’t like him, but because I like him too much. Uh, that didn’t go as planned. Our relationship has gotten STRONGER because of that emotional, melodramatic episode, during which I cried into his chest for an hour straight. (I am so weak.) I’ll explain things in “Love Story Part 6” or something. :D
- Have I mentioned that I’m that rare first-year who lives in a single? Yup yup. Ex-roommate moved out early on in the semester to live with her friends whom she loves a lot. SO NOW I LIVE ALONE AND HAVE A KING-SIZED BED WOOHOO.
I think that’s all I have. My life is still relatively boring and uneventful. I’m not much of a party person, journal, so you won’t be hearing about many drunken party tales from me. I think I went to four? That’s not many when you consider that there’s one like every two weeks.
Back to spring break homework. ):
Until next time,
~ Mimi =]