And by “Mimi style,” I mean “long and rambly.”
(Warnings: objectionable language; American/New England slang; swooning over Japanese celebrities; atrocious photography; mediocre writing; rambly, unstructured bits about my life.)
Hi there. :D If you’re here, it most likely means that you were led here by the Google search option, because this is an ANONYMOUS PERSONAL JOURNAL and none of my friends should ever find this page. If, by any chance, I know you and you’re reading this, oh crap I’m in trouble.
As long as I don’t know you in real life, I don’t care who reads my entries. And as long as I’m comfortable with sharing, I’ll write about anything and everything, no holding back. (This translates to potentially squirmy posts because I just discovered that I’m equal parts sexual and awkward.) Leave a comment if you want to speak up, whether to agree, disagree, tell me off, or just say hi — and I’ll definitely respond. I don’t bite, unless you deserve it, because if I were a deadly sin it would be wrath. Otherwise, just enjoy your stay.
The name’s Mimi — not my real name, but a legitimate nickname that my parents have been calling me since I was tiny. Most of my friends don’t know about this nickname, so I should be safe. In my older entries I would sometimes sign off with “Nana.” Nana is what my friends used to call me because I would look after them like a nanny would. Signing off as Nana indicated I was in a foul mood. I don’t do that sign-off anymore because I’m too old for this.
My real name’s in my fanfiction.net profile. Can’t risk drawing attention to this journal.
Detailed About Me page is here. But to sum things up, I’ll write some /quick/ points.
- I started this journal as a 15-year-old deep in the throes of teenage angst. I am now 26. Not sure if I ever made it past that stage of my life.
- Here I am in my bare-faced and sweaty glory. I chose this photo over a more presentable one because it better captures the essence of this journal. Also maybe people won’t recognize me in such a state.
- Never been to public school, which makes things interesting when I attempt to write fic about them. 10 years at various Catholic primary schools. (I am not Catholic but my parents thought it would be stricter there and therefore I wouldn’t go “astray” and do drugs or something.) 4 years at a teeny all girls Catholic high school, 4 years at a teeny women’s college. Recently completed my master’s at a large private university. The Catholic part of my education is important because it explains why I’m always mentioning prayers and God, even though I was raised without religion and identify as agnostic and I often think blasphemous thoughts. High school was also, um, not like any regular school (more about that here).
- Writing is my passion, my hobby, my obsession. I’m not amazing at it, but I’m still learning. I tend to side-eye people whose first language is English and yet can’t type coherently, ESPECIALLY if they shit on non-native English speakers for their English. Yeah yeah, I know, prescriptivism, elitist asshole, blah blah. Still can’t help it. No fancy words needed, just… can you at least make sure you’re not missing key verbs from your sentences if you’re trying to be serious?
- Looove Japanese things. I’m not quite a weeb because I don’t actually listen to Japanese music or watch anime that much anymore, but the country and culture still has a special place in my heart. You’ll see in older posts that I used to talk about the boys from the idol group NEWS a lot because I was completely infatuated with them. And it wasn’t until I saw that I devoted an entire entry to them and spent ages analyzing one of their music videos did I realize this. I’m still a fan but I don’t follow them very closely anymore, so my journal entries are now entirely life-centric. I have also matured and feel deep embarrassment toward my past fangirling antics so there’s that.
- For me, gender is no boundary, and love is love. If you’re against that sort of thing I suggest you not read any further. I don’t know what I am or who I like and frankly I don’t care. I just call myself queer but if you want a more specific label, I’d guess I’m pansexual with a preference for men? My current partner does not erase this aspect of my identity.
- Sorry for possibly coming off negatively at all. I’m just a very honest, opinionated, straightforward person, and my undergrad college had done wonders in bringing those qualities out of me. Which means I’m not always likable because I say what I think. Just letting you know, YOU’VE BEEN WARNED.
I don’t post nearly as often as I should so I have a personal Twitter connected to this journal! (To the side — see, see?) It makes me feel less guilty about being terrible with updates. But I have to be careful to not post on the wrong Twitter: I have another one used strictly for comedic purposes and that posts tweets to my Facebook. I see potential disaster in this.
Have a lovely day!
…This intro is longer than the About Me page, isn’t it?